Christina Johnson: ‘We made a pact’ to stay friends

Christina_JohnsonChristina Johnson and her “Atlanta Exes” co-stars had an idea of what they were signing up for when they decided to join the cast of the VH1 reality show, so they took steps to ensure they didn’t become victims of the beast. “We made a pact: No matter what, we’re not going to allow anything to break our friendship,” Christina told Sister 2 Sister. “You don’t find women that you have so much in common with everyday.” Reality TV fans have watched several on-screen friendships deteriorate before their eyes. Some former friends have sworn off ever communicating in the future. Others eventually made up, but things didn’t exactly go back to normal. Christina said she and her co-stars plan to hold their friendships together. However, that’s always easy. Christina admitted that watching resolved issues resurface each week for viewers can be stressful for her and her co-stars. Subscribe to Sister 2 Sister. Sign up to receive the S2S newsletter. “When you watch the show, it can’t help but bring up emotion,” said Christina who spoke specifically about the day Tameka and Torrei argued in a restaurant. “I remember exactly how I felt that day. It was very heavy. When I watched it, I was reminded of how I felt, but I knew we were past it.” Instead of focusing on the drama and those confessionals that may reveal some thoughts never before shared with co-stars, Christina, who is known as the cast’s mediator, said she focuses on the resolution. “I knew we were past it,” she explained. “I just thought, ‘I can’t wait ‘til the world sees how we resolved it.’ I can’t get wrapped up in the emotion of this again.” Despite a close call between Tameka and Torrei, the women have been able to talk through their issues, not resort to any violence, and Christina’s proud that things haven’t gotten too ugly.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comentarios: